UNODC to present at 2014 Drug Trends Conference
The United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime (UNODC) will present its latest data on drug trends in the Asia Pacific and Oceania region at the 2014 National Drug Trends Conference in Sydney. UNODC regional representative Jeremy Douglas will be joined by speakers who will discuss the latest drug trends within Australia, drawing particularly on the findings from the 2014 Ecstasy and related Drugs Reporting System (EDRS) and Illicit Drugs Reporting System (IDRS).
Speakers will include:
- A/Prof Nadine Ezard (St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney) on steroid use
- Prof Simon Lenton (National Drug Research Institute) on ecstasy use and drinking
- James Fetherston (NDRI) on experiences of those using drugs in prison
- Joanne Gerstner-Stevens (Victoria Police) on analysis of drug seizures
- Kerryn Butler (National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre) on hepatitis C and treatment.
The conference will be held on 20 October at the National Maritime Museum. More information is available on the NDARC website.