Northern Territory Primary Health Network (PHN) – Pop-Up PHN Events
Professor Ann Roche
Associate Professor Keith Evans
Lisa Sparrow, Northern Territory PHN
The NT PHN have commissioned NCETA to conduct a series of workshops as part of the PHN’s continuing professional development (CPD) Pop-Up Events in February, March, April and May in Alice Springs, Katherine, Darwin and Nhulunbuy. The Events are being undertaken in collaboration with the NT General Practice Education Mobile Offices and are aimed at primary health care staff including:
- General Practitioners
- Allied health staff
- Aboriginal health practitioners.
The key theme of the Pop-Up Events is on primary care reform and aiding coordination of care and each event covers:
- Changes to primary care
- Emerging issues: Commissioning and co-design; Health Care Homes Health Pathways
- Multidisciplinary management of mental health and AOD.
NCETA is contributing to each of the Pop-Up Events by conducting interactive workshops focusing on the multidisciplinary care coordination and health pathways (e.g., referrals) for people presenting with AOD and mental health issues at the primary health care level.
NCETA’s workshops will help participants identify strategies/tools for:
- Screening and assessment for both AOD and mental health-related issues
- Determining multidisciplinary roles and responsibilities in a shared management plan
- Effectively communicating within a multidisciplinary team to implement a shared care plan and coordinate service provision.