Audit of Australian methamphetamine clinical guidelines
The newly established National Centre for Clinical Research on Emerging Drugs (NCCRED) has commissioned NCETA to conduct an audit of Australian methamphetamine clinical guidelines.
The objectives of the audit are to:
- Identify available Australian crystal methamphetamine clinical guidelines
- Assess the quality of each identified guideline using the Appraisal of Guidelines for Research and Evaluation Global Rating Scale (AGREE GRS)
- Conduct a gap analysis to consider the different models of care underpinning current guidelines, in the context of the AGREE GRS domains (development process, presentation style, completeness and clinical validity).
At the conclusion of the project, NCETA will develop for the AOD sector, the following two resources:
- An overview of key findings from the audit
- A detailed document, summarising current Australian methamphetamine clinical guidelines, quality assessments and the gap analysis.