Recent updates to the National Alcohol and Drug Knowledgebase
Australia’s most comprehensive one-stop source of information about alcohol and other drugs (AOD), the National Alcohol and Drug Knowledgebase (NADK) has been updated to include the latest information about alcohol use.
The NADK provides accurate and easy-to-understand information about AOD and features a series of frequently asked questions (FAQs) which present data in an easily understood manner.
Recent changes made by NCETA to the Alcohol Section include:
- Extracting data from a range of sources (see below for more detail)
- Using the analyses from various data sources to update the 99 FAQs in the Alcohol Section
- Re-designing all the graphs in the Alcohol Section by including infographics to create a more user-friendly and interactive experience for people accessing the website
In updating the Alcohol Section of the NADK, NCETA used the following datasets:
- 2016 National Drug Strategy Household Survey
- 2016-17 National Hospital Morbidity Database
- 2016-17 Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Services National Minimum Dataset
- 2016-17 Apparent Consumption of Alcohol
- 2015-16 Household Expenditure Survey
- 2014 Australian Secondary Students’ Alcohol and Drug Survey
To view the updated information in the Alcohol Section of the NADK click here.