Online now: Presentations from the 2019 NDARC Annual Research Symposium
The 2019 NDARC Annual Research Symposium was held on Wednesday, 16 October 2019 at the John Niland Scientia Conference and Events Centre, UNSW Sydney.
A number of presentation videos and slides from the event are available online including:
- Plenary One: Family and Communities
- Professor Sharon Dawe: Improving outcomes for children living in families with parental substance misuse: Practice and Policy imperatives
- Professor Ju-Lee Oei: Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS): not only neonatal and not only abstinence
- Plenary Two: Emerging Drugs and Associated Risks
- Professor Frederick L. Altice, MD: Bending the HIV epidemic by intervening with men who have sex with men who use amphetamine-type substances: targets for prevention and treatment
- Dr Amy Peacock: Emerging trends in drug use, harms, and markets: Findings from Drug Trends 2019
- Dr Sandra Mitchell: Towards a prompt response network for Australia: rapid health communication about events related to emerging drugs of concern
- Plenary Three: NDARC New Directions
- Professor Hayden McRobbie: The future of vaping and e-cigarettes
- Associate Professor Rebecca McKetin: Novel Interventions to Address Methamphetamine Use in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities (NIMAC): the development and evaluation of a web-based therapeutic tool
- Professor Don Weatherburn: Do Criminal Sanctions Deter ATS Users
Click here to view presentation slides and videos from the event.