New online alcohol and other drug knowledgebase launched
NCETA has produced an online alcohol and other drug (AOD) knowledgebase – the National Alcohol and Drug Knowledgebase (NADK). The NADK website was launched on 13 August 2014. To date the alcohol section has been completed, with sections on other drug topics to follow. The alcohol section contains over 130 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) presenting answers derived from various datasets including the:
- Australian Secondary Schools Alcohol and Drug Survey (ASSADS)
- National Drug Strategy Household Survey (NDSHS)
- 2007 National Survey of Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Drug Use Monitoring in Australia (DUMA) Survey
- Household Expenditure Survey.
The NADK presents, for the first time, up-to-date alcohol-related information in a consistent, comparable and ‘user-friendly’ manner that can be used by practitioners, policy-makers and the broader community. It covers diverse information about health, social welfare, law enforcement and education issues, which have in the past been difficult to locate, access, and utilise.
The NADK can be accessed from nadk.flinders.edu.au.