Interpersonal Violence (IPV) workshop for hospital-based staff
Building on a highly successful one-day workshop conducted by NCETA with staff at a major Adelaide teaching hospital in 2016, the Centre has been invited to conduct a similar workshop in April 2017.
The workshop, designed for hospital-based medical, nursing and allied health staff will cover issues such as:
- How to recognise IPV in presenting patients including practical tips on how to ask and what to ask of patients
- Understanding the relationship between AOD use and IPV
- Practical strategies for hospital staff when responding to IPV
Workshop participants will also be provided with copies of practical resources that they can use in their work environments e.g.:
- NCETA-produced resources including Can I Ask?...An alcohol and other drug clinician’s guide to addressing family and domestic violence and Waking a Tightrope: Alcohol and other drug use and violence: A guide for families.
- Information Sharing Guidelines prepared by Ombudsman SA.