Indigenous AOD Knowledge Centre webinar – Drug testing: issues and implications for Indigenous workers
As part of the Australian Indigenous AOD Knowledge Centre’s ongoing webinar series, NCETA’s Associate Professor Ken Pidd will present a webinar on drug testing on 9 May 2018 at:
10:00am in WA
11.30am in SA and NT
12:00pm in NSW, Qld, Vic, ACT and Tas.
In his webinar, Associate Professor Pidd will:
- Provide an overview of the drug testing process
- Outline the different types of testing programs and technologies, including their respective advantages and disadvantages
- Describe the issues and controversies around workplace drug testing
- Highlight the implications of drug testing for Indigenous workers and clients.
The webinar will highlight NCETA’s extensive research into the efficacy of workplace drug testing and will also feature NCETA’s three drug testing information resources published in late 2017. The three information resources are all available from the NCETA website:
- Drug Testing: Technologies & Programs
- Drug Testing: Rationale, Utility and Effectiveness
- Drug Testing: Processes & Good Practice
The webinar will run for approximately one hour and is free to attend. To find out more about the webinar and how to join in click here.