Hard copies of NCETA’s Feeling Deadly/Working Deadly Resource Kit Now Available
Since its launch in 2014, NCETA’s extremely popular Feeling Deadly/Working Deadly Resource Kit has been in high demand. The Kit draws on the views and experiences of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workers and provides practical strategies to support workers in their day-to-day work. Its primary aim is to reduce stress and burnout and enhance wellbeing among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander AOD workers.
Due to ongoing requests from workers and organisations across Australia, NCETA has recently reprinted the Kit.
While Feeling Deadly/Working Deadly has been designed for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workers, their managers and supervisors, it is also relevant for mainstream AOD workers and managers.
Some of the practical ways that the Kit can be used in workplace settings include:
- As a professional development activity, both within an organisation and with other organisations
- In the development of workplace policies and procedures
- Helping AOD workers to identify their own personal stressors
- Helping AOD workers to identify parts of their work environment that could be changed to reduce stress
- As a guide for communication in the workplace
- As a way of identifying issues for Indigenous staff working in mainstream services.
To order your copy/copies of the Kit please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is also available for download from the NCETA website.