Contributing to the Addiction Doctors Program
NCETA’s Professor Ann Roche was invited to present a webinar on workplace alcohol and other drug (AOD) related issues on 11 December 2018, to the Addiction Doctors Program.
The Program, coordinated by Dr Mark Montebello, Clinical Director, Drug and Alcohol Services, Northern Sydney Local Health District forms part of the work of the Australasian Chapter of Addiction Medicine. The Chapter aims to advance the study of addiction medicine in Australia and New Zealand through training, research and collaboration with health professionals and organisations.
Professor Roche’s webinar examined:
- Specific workplace considerations
- Patterns, prevalence and correlates of AOD use in workplace settings
- Factors that influence these patterns of use
- Effective interventions, programmes and policies.
It also highlighted NCETA’s interactive cultural model of AOD workplace relationships including the influence of workplace culture on consumption patterns.
Webinar attendees were provided with examples of:
- Strategies to assist workplaces to better understand workplace AOD risk and implications for clinical responses
- Successful workplace interventions.